Parent & Carer Views
As one of our major stakeholders, we value the opinions of our parents/carers to help us ensure we continually improve what we do. We constantly explore the different ways in which we can engage you in the learning experiences of your child.
We use a range of strategies to get feedback on how well we are doing and look for your support in completing at least one feedback questionnaire per year.
We value you opinions so please take the opportunity to complete one following during one your visits to us:
- Parent Forum (please call the school office for details of the next meeting)
- Parent evening questionnaire
- Postcard feedback in reception
We are working towards achieving the Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA), which recognises our work with parents.
Ofsted Parent View questions
The survey asks parents to respond to 14 statements and questions.
1. My child is happy at this school.
2. My child feels safe at this school.
3. The school makes sure its pupils are well behaved.
4. My child has been bullied and the school dealt with the bullying quickly and effectively.
5. The school makes me aware of what my child will learn during the year.
6. When I have raised concerns with the school they have been dealt with properly.
7. Does your child have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)? (yes or no)
If yes, the survey asks parents how strongly they agree with this statement: ‘My child has SEND, and the school gives them the support they need to succeed.’
8. The school has high expectations for my child.
9. My child does well at this school.
10. The school lets me know how my child is doing.
11. There is a good range of subjects available to my child at this school.
12. My child can take part in clubs and activities at this school.
13. The school supports my child’s wider personal development.
14. I would recommend this school to another parent. (yes or no)
Unless otherwise specified above, all the answer options to the statements are:
- strongly agree
- strongly disagree
- don’t know
For statement 4, ‘My child has been bullied and the school dealt with the bullying quickly and effectively’ parents can also select ‘My child has not been bullied’.
For statement 6, ‘When I have raised concerns with the school they have been dealt with properly’ parents can select ‘I have not raised any concerns’.
For more information on how the Ofsted framework has changed, please click here to hear from Amanda Spielman, Ofsted's Chief Inspector.
If you have any concerns about your child's well being, safety or education, please contact the school directly on 0121 588 8384.